Guidelines from New Zealand and Australia
- Ebeling PR, Daly RM, Kerr DA, Kimlin MG. An evidence-informed strategy to prevent osteoporosis in Australia. Med J Aust. 2013 Feb 4;198(2):90-91. PubMed ID 23373498
- Nowson CA, McGrath JJ, Ebeling PR et al. Vitamin D and health in adults in Australia and New Zealand: a position statement. Med J Aust. 2012 Jun 18;196(11):686-687. PubMed ID 22708765
- Duque G, Close JJ, de Jager JP et al. Treatment for osteoporosis in Australian residential aged care facilities: consensus recommendations for fracture prevention. Med J Aust. 2010 Aug 2;193(3):173-179. PubMed ID 20678047
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners. Clinical guideline for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and older men. 2010. Link.
- Sanders KM, Nowson CA, Kotowicz MA et al. Calcium and bone health: position statement for the Australian and New Zealand Bone and Mineral Society, Osteoporosis Australia and the Endocrine Society of Australia. Med J Aust. 2009 Mar 16;190(6):316-320. PubMed ID 19296813
- Reid I, Grainger R. Prevention of Osteoporosis. Best Practice Journal 2008 Oct;17:6-13. Link.
Guidelines from other countries
- Papaioannou A, Morin S, Cheung AM et al. 2010 clinical practice guidelines for the diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in Canada: summary. CMAJ. 2010 Nov 23;182(17):1864-1873. PubMed ID 20940232
- Compston J, Bowring C, Cooper A et al. Diagnosis and management of osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and older men in the UK: National Osteoporosis Guideline Group (NOGG) update 2013. Maturitas. 2013 Aug;75(4):392-396. PubMed ID 23810490
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Alendronate, etidronate, risedronate, raloxifene, strontium ranelate and teriparatide for the secondary prevention of osteoporotic fragility fractures in postmenopausal women (amended). Technology Appraisal 161. 2011. Link.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). Alendronate, etidronate, risedronate, raloxifene and strontium ranelate for the primary prevention of osteoporotic fragility fractures in postmenopausal women (amended). Technology Appraisal 160. 2011. Link.
- British Orthopaedic Association and British Geriatrics Society. The care of patients with fragility fracture. 2007. Link.
United States of America