Guidelines from New Zealand and Australia
- Australian and New Zealand Hip Fracture Registry (ANZHFR) Steering Group. Australian and New Zealand Guideline for Hip Fracture Care: Improving Outcomes in Hip Fracture Management. 2013. Published in September 2014. Available for download from www.anzhfr.org.
- Mak J, Wong E, Cameron I. Australian and New Zealand Society for Geriatric Medicine. Position statement – orthogeriatric care. Aust J Ageing. 2011 Sep;30(3):162-169. PubMed ID 21923712
- Mak JC, Cameron ID, March LM. Evidence-based guidelines for the management of hip fractures in older persons: an update. Med J Aust. 2010 Jan 4;192(1):37-41. PubMed ID 20047547
Guidelines from other countries
- Bone and Joint Decade Canada. National Hip Fracture Toolkit. 2011. Link.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE). The Management of Hip Fracture in Adults. 2011. NICE Clinical Guideline 124. Link. Also see NICE Quality Standard 16. Link.
- Association of Anaesthetists of Great Britain and Ireland. Management of proximal femoral fractures 2011. Link.
- British Orthopaedic Association and British Geriatrics Society. The care of patients with fragility fracture. 2007. Link.
United States of America
- Bukata SV, Digiovanni BF, Friedman SM et al. A guide to improving the care of patients with fragility fractures. Geriatr Orthop Surg Rehabil. 2011 Jan;2(1):5-37. PubMed ID 23569668