ONZ ANZBMS Clinical Densitometry Training Course | Auckland | Date: April 6 and 7, 2019
Training courses for practitioners and operators involved with bone densitometry
This clinical densitometry course is intended for both practitioners and technologists. It covers the pathophysiology of osteoporosis, as well as the principles and practice of bone density and body composition measurement.
Faculty of Medical and Health Science,
Download the Course Programme 2019
Early $650 + GST
Late $750 + GST
29th March 2019
You should consider this course if:
- You have a tertiary education in a science based course, including nursing, and you have not previously received formal training for bone densitometry.
- You are currently a DXA operator who has not undertaken formal training or who is seeking an advanced update of their work practices.
- You are a medical specialist, or specialist registrar in training, with responsibility for bone density testing and are seeking deeper knowledge of the technological and quality assurance aspects of bone densitometry measurements and reporting.
- Participants are provided with the course handbook prior to the commencement of the course and are required to read through all the material before they attend the lecture series.
- Participants then attend a two day lecture & workshop series, which will include a number of interactive sessions.
- An online multiple choice examination is held two weeks after completion of the lecture series.
- Upon completion of the course and achievement of a pass mark in the examination, participants will be awarded a Certificate of Completion in Clinical Bone Densitometry, which satisfies the requirements of radiation safety legislation in most Australian states.